Begin your Christmas season with us in Historic Appomattox as we celebrate the 26th anniversary of the annual Community of Candles!
Enjoy an afternoon of downtown shopping, live music, visit with Santa & Mrs. Claus, FREE horse & carriage rides, professional carolers, Christmas tree, Christmas parade, Community of Candles ceremony, and FREE refreshments. The featured attraction is the return of the synthetic ice skating rink on Main Street.
The schedule of events are as follows: (to be updated as schedule is confirmed)
- Welcome by Mayor Paul Harvey (1pm)
- Christmas Craft Vendors (Main Street near Visitors Center)
- Downtown shops OPEN! (1pm-6pm Main Street)
- FREE synthetic ice skating rink (1pm-6pm Jamerson Memorial Library)
- Live music by High Cotton (professional carolers) (1pm-6pm Main Street)
- FREE hot chocolate (1pm Jamerson Memorial Library)
- Evergeen Ruritan Club Brunswick Stew sale (1pm Jamerson Memorial Library)
- Live music by the Cox Family (1pm-2pm Main Street Stage)
- FREE horse-drawn carriage rides (1pm-3:30pm Coleman & Sons)
- Live music by Gene Williams and Shaky Grass (2pm-3pm Main Street Stage)
- Visit Santa & Mrs. Claus (2pm-3:30pm Main Street Barber Shop)
- Live music by Stanley Baker & Group (3pm-4pm Main Street Stage)
- Christmas Parade (4pm)
- FREE hot chocolate (4pm outside Farmers Bank)
- FREE hot dogs & cold drinks (5pm outside Country Charm)
- Christmas scripture & prayer with Rev. Rusty Small (5:30pm Courthouse Square)
- Community of Candles ceremony (5:30pm)
RAIN DATE IS DECEMBER 11TH!
For more information on parade entries, please contact the Appomattox County Parks, Recreation & Tourism office at 434-352-5996.
Sponsored by: Appomattox County, The Town of Appomattox, Appomattox County Chamber of Commerce, Liberty Baptist Church
Co-Sponsored by: GOLD FOIL SPONSORS (Farmers Bank of Appomattox, J.E. Jamerson & Sons, Spout Spring Ruritan Club, and Walmart); SILVER BELLS SPONSORS (Appomattox Court House Presbyterian Church, Babcock House Bed & Breakfast, Harman Eye Center of Appomattox, Museum of the Confederacy, Scott & Wilson Insurance, Spring Creek Wine Cellar, Tiger Fuel, and Tinnell Properties); RED BOWS SPONSORS (AWAG, Appomattox Glass & Storefront, and Wilkes' Jewelers); and GREEN HOLLY SPONSORS (Thomas Chalfant, Sr., and Historic Appomattox Station Arts & Crafts Center).